Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday!

....Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Alaina and Amanda, Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to my favorite 'twin' friends! :) I'm sorry I don't have any 'pictures' to post of you. Oh, I do have plenty of pictures I could scan, from way back in the day! Plenty of 'how dare you post that picture of me?' pictures.. but the problem is I'm in most of them too :-)

We grew up within 30 miles (give or take)..but didn't really 'get to know' each other until we graduated so long ago in 1998! Although our paths crossed when my cousin married your brother! I remember so many fun times with both of you. Where could I ever begin? Amanda, even though we aren't close 'friends', I still value your friendship!

Lainers took pity on me and became a very dear friend to me...and still is. She's the friend that knows 'everything' about you, and still loves you just the same. She stayed with me, through good times and bad (there were plenty!) She was/is honest and upfront; you always knew if that outfit you tried on 'really' looked good or not! :) Even when I got married and started a family she fearlessly braved a trip to the other side of the state to see me! Our weekends were far from 'exciting', yet we enjoyed our time (or at least I did!) Despite her schedule and mine we 'try' to keep in touch.. but what I love the most.. is whether it's been a few days or a couple of months.. we pick up right where we left off!

So here's to a great friend (and her twin sister).... Happy Birthday! This one's for you.. you deserve it!

Love,
Your Pal
~Feather

*I told myself I wasn't going to write a mile long post and get all sappy.. Did I succeed? Anyways Lainers.. you already know how I feel about you.. )

2 comments:

  1. awwww! I love it! Thanks for the warm wishes. You know I feel the same for you. You're the tops baby! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's your cousin? It's not Roxanne is it? Must be the other brother you're talking about.
    Anyway, happy birthday girls! I don't really know either of you very well, but I do remember one year at convention, I sat by you for a meeting and got to play with your cool...I don't even know what to call it...a picture of the inside of a house and then there were static cling pieces of furniture. I never had anything so neat and I was SO jealous. I've since gotten over that. But when I found a magnetic version for our kids, I had to buy it. And it's all because I sat by you 20 years ago or more!

    ReplyDelete