Friday, December 25, 2009

Dreams Come True





When I first met this handsome cowboy eight years ago, it was 'up north'. I remember so much about that weekend. But the thing that stands out most, besides being head-over-heels in love with this handsome cowboy, was his guitar playing. Unbelievable!

(I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this.) While we were dating (long distance), besides calling, sending flowers and letters, he would write songs for me. about me. about us. I saved every.single.one. Then one happy day, we became husband and wife. Shortly after, he began to sing some of these songs, and so many, many others that he wrote. The sound of his guitar and voice became a familiar sound to our home. So familiar, that our children were accustomed to his guitar music the very moment they were born. As tiny babies, they'd fall asleep on his lap, while he played and sung.

His dream came true. He published his own songs (words and music) in his very 1st album this month. Of course, he is my husband and the Father to our children, so I have every right to be proud of him, brag about this and promote his work. The road to today has not always been easy. I've heard him sing/play hundreds thousands millions of times with just his guitar and himself. But the moment I listened to a very rough draft of the album in the studio (my heart swelled with pride and my eyes filled with tears), I realized it would be worth every step of the way. Boy! Was it ever!

So the next while, my Internet access will be spotty. And NO! we are not moving to TN, contrary to any rumors you may have heard. We'll be like yo-yo's. Bouncing back and forth as needed. But the main, and most important thing is, we'll be together as a family.

http://www.benstillwater.com/

13 comments:

  1. Wow Heather...that was awesome and he has a wonderful voice. Those pictures are amazing too. I wish him the best with his endeavors. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! I am so happy for you and your family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congrats! I started playing it and looked over and Chloe was dancing...she enjoyed it too!! :) Best of luck to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we really enjoyed the couple of songs that we listened to. Congrats to Ben and enjoy your time in TEnnessee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so amazing...what a great story of perseverance! When you shoot for the moon you will always land amongest the stars!

    He has a great voice..and yes you have every right to brag. Keep us in the loop when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad shared this link with me a few weeks ago and I was able to listen to some of the songs - amazing!! I'm so proud of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So incredible! Way to go, he has a wonderful voice and obviously such a talent. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is an extremely talented man and you have every right to be proud of him! His music is awesome!

    And the crowd goes wild...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Howdy Heather,
    That is so exciting! I think he sounds great and wish him all the best. I look forward to hearing about how everything is going along the way.
    Love,
    Countrified City Girl in NE

    ReplyDelete
  10. we are looking forward to listening to all of the songs on his CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats :) Sounds like quite an adventure..have fun!

    ReplyDelete