Thursday, May 28, 2009
1. Mention the person who tagged you.
2. Complete the list of 8's.
3. Tag 8 of your wonderful blog friends!
*I was tagged by Sam.
8 things I look forward to:
1. Friday/weekend- G'pa & G'ma take some of the kids overnight
2. summer tan
4. our 7 anniversary (in June) - nothing special is planned
5. my SIL to get back to normal - NOT because she's such a 'pest', but because this whole thing is scary and dragging out too long.
7. a trip back home
8. my 29th bday - one more year before I get 'old' :)
8 things I did yesterday:
1. kissed my husband goodbye for a few days
2. made bread, cinn rolls from scratch
3. got some more vegt plants
4. laundry, laundry, laundry, laundry
5. watched my nephew (and my 4 kids)
6. organized the kids toy bins, WITH their help. I need to do it all over again WITHOUT them.
7. missed my husband
8. enjoyed the sun shine once again!
8 things I wish I could do:
1. be a 'super mom'
2. find enough hours in the day to accomplish everything
3. have more patiences
4. be more consistant in exercising
5. take more time for 'me'..without feeling guilty about it
6. keep my kids from anything bad.. or if they get hurt- take the pain away from them
7. keep my garden weed-free, whenever I get it planted
8. be myself with no fear of what others think/say
8 shows I watch:
1. no TV, but shows/DVD I've seen...
2. Little House on the Praire Series (my kids LOVED them)
6. kids, kids, kids
7. more kids,
8. and even more kid shows.
8 bloggers I tag:
1. Heather S
4. Heather T
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
But the purpose of this post is actually to warn my dear SIL. You see, this afternoon, we had my hubby's family over for the afternoon/evening. We had a blast. You maybe heard our laughter, more accurately, 'roaring laughter until you pee your pants', from your house. As usual, people only laugh at funny things. And in this family.. if you do funny things, there's at LEAST 2 people ready with camera's.
SO MRS. TANYA. IF YOU ARE GETTING ANY IDEAS OF POSTING ANY PICTURES OR VIDEOS OF TODAY ON YOUR BLOG.. THIS IS YOUR 1ST AND FINAL WARNING...
DON'T DO IT! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT!! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THINKING ABOUT DOING IT!!!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Pick your dessert, and then scroll down to see what psychiatrists think about you.
( REMEMBER - No Cheating. Make your choice before you check the meaning.)
Here are your choices:
1. Angel Food Cake
3. Lemon Meringue Pie
4. Vanilla Cake With Chocolate Icing
5. Strawberry Short Cake
6. Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Icing
7. Ice Cream
8. Carrot Cake
Choose ONE. No, you can't change your mind once you scroll down, so think carefully about what your choice will be.
OK - Now that you've made your choice, this is what the researchers say about you...
SCROLL DOWN---No Cheating
1. ANGEL FOOD CAKE -- Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm and fuzzyitems. A little nutty at times. Sometimes you need an ice cream cone at the end of the day. Others perceive you as being childlike and immature at times.
2. BROWNIES -- You are adventurous, love new ideas , and are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up you whip out your saber. You are always the oddball with a unique sense of humor and direction. You tend to be very loyal.
3. LEMON MERINGUE -- Smooth, sexy, & articulate with your hands, you are an excellent caregiver and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time. A bit of a diva at times, you set your own style because you do your own thing. You shine when it comes to helping others and have many friends.
4. VANILLA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING -- Fun-loving, sassy, humorous, not very grounded in life; very indecisive and lacking motivation. Everyone enjoys being around you, but you are a practical joker. Others should be cautious in making you mad. However, you are a friend for life.
5. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE -- Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people, can be counted on in a pinch and expect the same in return. Intuitively keen. You can be very emotional at times but a true person in every way. You like to do things for yourself and help others learn about themselves.
6. CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE ICING-- Sexy; always ready to give and receive. Very creative, adventurous, ambitious, and passionate. You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside. Not afraid to take chances. Will not settle for anything average in life.. Love to laugh..
7. ICE CREAM -- You like sports, whether it be baseball, football, basketball, or soccer. If you could, you would like to participate, but you enjoy watching sports. You don't like to give up the remote control. You tend to be self-centered and high maintenance.
8. CARROT CAKE -- You are a very fun loving person, who likes to laugh. You are fun to be with. People like to hang out with you. You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times.. You have many loyal friends.. You were meant to lead and teach others. A wonderful role model.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
- have a day that you wish you could just start all over again?
Today wasn't a bad day. But there are a few things I wish I would have done differently. (T- if you're curious it has nothing to do with you or your kids). Obviously we can't change what's already done. The only thing is to learn from it. And change tomorrow.
Two things did brighten my evening.
#1-Our 3 oldest kids went fishing with Daddy and G'pa. Just leaving me home with John. We picked up the living room and vacuumed it. Now its time to relax and snuggle. Just having alone time, to unwind and relax always makes everything better. At least for me it does.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Those of you that KNOW my husband know: he wasn't born with wings (so he doesn't fly), he wasn't born with gills (so he doesn't go in water he can't see the other side of)... Someone mentioned he wasn't born with tires, but yet he's a truck driver... Doesn't make sense to me either. But I still love him!
(I'll try to scan some of our wedding pictures...so I can share them on here!)
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
- I didn't receive a big bouquet of store bought flowers. But I did get the biggest bouquet of dandelion flowers that a 3 and 4 year old can possibly pick. (think an armful, not bouquet) Not to mention a big flat of flowers to plant together in our pots.
- I didn't get a fancy card. But I did get a handwritten note from my husband, saying (and touching) more than any store bought card could EVER think of saying.
- I didn't receive any 'expensive' gifts. But through out the day I was given little wildflowers, dandelions, hugs, kisses. All priceless gifts to me.
- I didn't get the day off to relax by myself. But I did get to spend the entire day with my husband and 4 kids, creating more memories to cherish. Truth be told, it would have been a BORING day without them.
- I didn't get to eat out (technically we did. We ate at my in-laws.. but all us "moms" worked together). But I did have my family surrounding me at the table..and later that night the kids (and my husband) made a 'pretend' picnic on the living floor for me to enjoy.
So while I didn't get Mother's Day the 'traditional' way. I now realize just how special it was for me. I can't lie- it would be nice to get flowers, have the day 'off', get expensive gifts, the whole 9 yards.. but to be completely honest.. I'm perfectly content with what I got. And I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate it.
Having kids has taught me to see the joy in little things, because they mean much, much more than the things money can buy. So for those of you who got the '5 star' treatment, good for you, no doubt you deserved every second of it, but, move on over! This country Mama to 4 is flying high after her priceless Mother's Day!
I have much more I'd like to write regarding Mommyhood. But after a busy weekend, extra kids today, and a long list of things to do, it'll have wait. Hope your day was special, just like mine.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
- Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.
- Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.
- Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.
- Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of carpets.
- Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.
- Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'
- Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade...
The Images of Mother
- 4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!
- 8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
- 12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
- 14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
- 16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
- 18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
- 25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!
- 35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
- 45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
- 65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows,and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
What kind of a cook do you consider yourself?
( )I’m chef material
( )sometimes it turns out
( )people beg me not to cook
( )what’s a cook?
When do you wash the dishes?
(x)after the last meal of the day
( )the next day
( )I leave them until someone else does them
How do you decide what to make for meals?
( )open the cookbook and point to a recipe
(x)ask family members what they would like
(x)I plan my meals ahead of time
( )pull a packaged item from the freezer
( )call for delivery
How often do you do laundry?
( )every day
(x)at least once or twice a week
( )I send it out
( )never. I just buy new
At what point do you vacuum the floor?
( )everyday before the floor really has a chance to get dirty
(x)a couple of times a week just to keep the big chunks from be obvious
( )when I can’t walk without the soles of my feet being covered in crumbs and dirt
Do you dust?
( )yes, everyday
( )once a week
(x)when company is coming
( )no, it will just get dusty again
Do you make your family members do chores around the house?
( )everyone has their daily lists
( )once a week we split chores
(x)the kids have certain chores they do
( )no, I do it all
Do you pick up the kids’ toys?
( )yes, always
(x)I sometimes help them
( )no, never
( )I don’t pick up, I just throw
What do you do after the kids are in bed?
( )more work around the house
( )read a book or take a bubble bath
(x)spend time with husband
(x )go to bed
How often do you and your spouse go out on dates?
( )every week
(x)once a month
( )at least once a year
( x)what’s a date?
How do you buy clothes for your family?
( )brand new every time
(x)brand new and secondhand
( )always secondhand
( )we always get hand-me-downs so no need to shop
If you had a day to yourself, how would you spend it?
(x )clean house
( )get together with friends
( )go to a Day spa
(x)stay home and do whatever I want
Would you like to go back to work?
( )yes! I need the break
( )never. This is my job
Monday, May 4, 2009
- On a very spur of the moment I joined my husband on a 'work mixed with pleasure' trip to Nashville, TN. He was planning to leave Monday (4/27) alone. Sunday afternoon I was told to pack the kid's bag because I was going along! Much to my surprise. (I can only imagine the surprise my Sis-in-law got when she found out she was going to have extra kids.) ALL.WEEK.LONG. The girls stayed at Aunt Heather's. Benji stayed at G'pa and G'ma (with Jacob) We took John with us.
- Sunday night I watched the girls leave with Joe and Heather, and we left Benji at G'pa and G'ma house (very hard for me-I didn't cry (in front of anyone at least). We didn't explain that Mommy and Daddy would be leaving for a whole week. (It would have been worse if they knew) Anyways, they were thrilled when they learned they were staying somewhere other than home. The longest I have been away from my kids is 2 nights, maybe 3 tops!
- Bright and early Monday morning we left for Nashville. We got back this past Sunday, early evening. I NEVER once worried about the kids (because I knew Aunt Heather, G'pa and G'ma would take care of them just fine.) But-I.MISSED.THEM.EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! The week went by fast though. We had lots of fun. But I don't think I will ever be able to leave them for that long. EVER.AGAIN!
- I won't lie. The break was nice. Although it wasn't really a 'break' break, since we had an almost 20 month old with us. Our most active kid ever :-) But it was 1 kid, instead of 4. So it was a break. Which by the way, John did GREAT. Sitting for 13+ hours, sleeping in motel, new environment, etc.
- I'm not sure how my husband was able to drive OTR (over-the-road) for so long. Now I know how he felt, in a measure. When he was gone, he was ALONE. EVERYONE else was back at home. This trip, we had each other, plus John.
- For me, calling back home made things worse. I knew Heather would tell me the kids were doing 'fine' if I asked (which she did), no matter how they really were doing. So I called only once.
- We are very much the 'take your kids everywhere with you' types of parents. Yes, occasionally we have an day/evening/night to ourselves. By occasionally I mean once a month-maybe. And we're okay with it.
- I trusted those who took care of my kids, and I don't know how to ever thank them for what they did for us. Yes, I know, family takes care of family, it's what we do. But still. (You'll get your thank-you presents shortly. Yes, you are both getting something, don't argue!)
- I'll post more about the trip and pictures on the "kids" blog sometime this week. But in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy being a mom of 4 once again and get back to laundry... And enjoy the flowers they all picked me this morning!