- The door will always be open to you.
- I can almost guarantee the house will NOT be picked up.
- We likely can scrounge up something to eat.. not saying it'll be a 4-course meal or gourmet.
- With 4 kids, (5 yrs and under) our house is always hopping, never quiet, dull, or boring.
Do you have a cleaning schedule? (Do you do certain things everyday.. or only on certain days of the week)
- I've heard of 'Fly-Lady'..but not sure what I think about her. What do you think about her methods?
- Our house isn't finished yet.. inside or outside... so keeping it 'clean/organized' is basically impossible. I do love our house, but I can't imagine/wait for the day it's ALL DONE!
- Toys! How can 4 kids possibly get bored with all these toys?
- What is your 'rule' about your kids toys? I don't make them pick up their toys constantly ALL day, just before bed.. (most of the time) Every so often I go thru and reduce their toys, and rotate them.
Today we are having a MAJOR case of the MONDAY'S! It may have something to do with:
- Leaving spur of the moment for almost 2 wks, coming home to a messy house.. piling our luggage on top of..and still trying to dig our way up to the surface.
- I have too many little to-do projects on my list that I've kept putting off.
- It rained alot this wk end..making outside work and play not very much fun.
- I have an ear ache.
- The kids (and me) are excited for the county fair/rodeo/truck pull this wk end.
I've decided I put too much stress, energy and time into having a perfect house. When in fact I really don't want a perfect house. Yes, I'd love to have a clean house, with everything in it's place. But then that means my kids are all grown and not living at home anymore. Nobody that lives in this house (besides me) cares if it's messy, turned upside down. But they do care when I short-change them of their precious time that can never be replaced. So today, instead of doing the deep-cleaning I thought about doing.. I'm going to go back and read more books with my kids. THEN maybe at naptime I'll tackle some of those projects.. OR maybe I'll snuggle with them while they nap!