Friday, April 24, 2009
Well, yes and no. Most of them I do, like I actually have seen them or know them personally. A few people I only know through their blog, but yet I feel like I've known them all my life. You know how that goes right? That got me thinking...
There are tons of blogs I look at, but never comment because I don't know these people from Adam, nor do they know me. Often we end up having a mutual friend, but sometimes I just 'end' up at their blog magically. Lately I've been venturing out... (oh... I know.. big steps) I've been commenting on peoples blogs that I 'stalk' (translated: always view, never comment). Whether or not a 'blog friendship' will evolve, who knows. But I figure if people didn't want every Tom, Dick and Harry viewing their pictures or thoughts, they'd have it private. Right?
So my question(s) is: Do you comment on blogs of strangers, or just people you know? And is there an etiquette to follow when blogging?
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.
- The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.
- Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.
- In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.
- He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she may be ill, or that something serious had happened.
- He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bath room door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.
- As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.
- He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?" She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world did I do today?"
- "Yes," was his incredulous reply.
- She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."
Friday, April 10, 2009
- Doesn't have a TV to entertain 4 kids all day?
- Actually 'plays' with their kids to keep them 'entertained'?
- Doesn't go out for supper every night of the week?
- Actually makes meals for my family....
- Eats with their kids.
I all but got the 'Mother of the Year' award when this person found out we have 4 kids and NO TV!
Them: "How in the world do you entertain 4 kids?"
Me: "Uh, we play games, read books, play with toys, do projects...."
Them: "Oh, so you run a daycare 'school'?"
Me: "Well, some days it feels like it with 4 kids, but no. I do those things with just my own children."
Them: "Wow! That's incredible! You must eat out alot, if you do all that with them."
Me: "Actually we don't eat out too often. I probably go thru drive-thru once a week. We don't eat out with all 4 kids too often. So I cook supper for my family every night!"
Them: "Unbelievable. You are a "Wonder Mom"!! Can I have you come speak to some other Mom's I know?"
By this time I'm getting pretty annoyed by this person. I must admit, I did get a little 'puffed up', by being dubbed as "Super Mom" of the year. Yet I really don't do anything so out of the ordinary. Or at least I don't think so. Isn't it normal to play with your kids, make them food....?
I'm not writing this to get applauded for 'all' that I do for my kids. Because to me it's just part of being a mother (and its something I love to do). I know at times I grumble about the never ending laundry, or the mess that kids make.. yet deep down I really don't mind. I'm just sad that for some, this is not the case. What a sad, sad day it is, when your kids are actually another 'job' for you!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
- Jen had this on her blog. She didn't necessarily 'tag' me, but I volunteered to do it anyways. Interested?? Here's what you need to do:
- Go to your 4th photo folder
- Pick out the 4th picture
- Explain it
- Tag 4 friends (if you want)
And of course!! This doesn't surprise me... obviously it's 'just' a buck. If my husband would have heard me say that, he'd shutter. This is no ordinary buck, which I can tell. It's a very nice one. (I'm pretty certain this may be at the taxidermist as we speak, so he can rest in peace, along side the bucks and bear we already have upstairs) This is 1 of 3 (?) that he got opening morning this past year. (He was hunting on our elders land!) I feel proud of this picture, because #1- my husband got this 'baby', but #2- I was the 1st one to know! He had talked to his dad after getting it, but only told him about the 'small*er*' buck.. he surprised them when he pulled in with this big daddy!
I won't 'tag' 4 people, but if you feel the urge.. go ahead. Leave me a comment, so I can check out your #4 picture!
Monday, April 6, 2009
- Most of you know I am a Mommy to 4 kids. 2 boys, 2 girls. They all need clothed, that goes without saying. But have you ever noticed the difference between the girls and boys clothing section???
- It maybe would help if my husband wasn't so dead set on having his boys dress like cowboys, and it maybe wouldn't be so bad if we were willing to shell out $30 for a shirt or a pair of jeans that the boys will MAYBE wear for 6 months, IF WE'RE lucky!
- For our spring specials coming up.. I had no trouble finding adorable dresses for our girls (even matching ones in size 5T and 3T) for a reasonable price.
- I knew I'd have a hard time finding matching outfits for the boys (Benji is at least 5T, John is 18mos, but could do a 2T). But I didn't realize it would be this hard to find them their own 'special' outfit!
- Nothing at all, and I even overlooked Daddy's western preference by this time!!!
- Finally I found matching western shirts (1 for Daddy, Benji & John) at our local 'western/farm/everything' store...but I paid waay more than I wanted too. That's the way it goes.
- But I must admit..when I see all 3 of them dressed together.. I could care less of the $$$$.
- Don't even get be started on shoes for boys and girls!!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
- did 5 loads of laundry (load #5 is sitting patiently in the dryer, load #4 is folded and waiting in the basket)
- made 4 loaves of bread (I baked 3 and froze 1 for later)
- made 2 dozen rolls (well, I froze them to bake later)
- watched 3 kids today : John-18mos, Carolyn-3, and Emily-4 (OK.. the girls played outside almost ALL day, so I really watched 1 kid. Plus all 3 took a nap this afternoon)
- vacuumed the living room
- 'swipe-cleaned' the bathroom (did I mention I love Clorox wipes and the Swiffer mop?)
- got my 4 originals back
- fed them supper (it was nothing gourmet, but it was supper)
Before the evening is over I will possibly
- give them all a bath
- make a salad for supper tomorrow
- maybe make a casserole for lunch tomorrow (on the 2nd thought, pizza does sound good for lunch)
- line up clothes and bags for Sunday AM
- give my husband a 'welcome back home' kiss just before I crash on my pillow (yes, he's been gone all day. I seem to get much more done when he is NOT here, but I do LOVE it when he IS here!)
And he thinks I just sit on the computer all day! Silly man! (Some days I do sit at the computer alot, not ALL day though. Not all Saturdays are as productive as this one was..don't think I'm a super woman or anything!)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Maybe I really am getting 'older', as I have absolutely no desire to play any April Fool pranks today. The thought crossed my mind to do/say a few things..but that's as far as I got. I'm secretly happy my kids won't realize what today means for a few more years! When that time comes I'll have to get back into the game!
Anyways... Today I wish...
- My kids came with an instruction manual.
- I had more than 24 hours in one day.
- I could have slept in a few hours longer.
- All I have to do is wave a wand and 'poof'... clean house.
- I really am 'super Mom'.
- I never have to worry, ever again, about anything.
- It was summer time.
- My kids wouldn't grow up so fast.