I also realized that often times I 'complain' about things, when in fact I should be thankful for what they mean. Such as..
- I should be thankful my husband is gone in the semi all day, because it means he still has a job.
- I should be thankful for our house payment, as it means we have a place to live.
- I should be thankful for dishes to wash, for it means we've had a meal to eat.
- I should be thankful for laundry, because it means we are able to be clothed.
- I should be thankful for throwing in firewood, because it means we'll be able to heat our home.
- I should be thankful for all the toys I step on at night, because it means we can afford 'extras' for our children.
- I should be thankful for the mess in the living room, because it means my children are able to play and run normally.
- I should be (somewhat) thankful for the extra pouch on my belly, because it means I was able to have 4 beautiful children, naturally.
What are you thankful for, once you look at things in a different light?